3M Green Challenge @ South East 2022
Our First-Edition of the 3M Green Challenge @ South East ended on a high note, with more than $102,000 worth of 3M Household products raised for 3,000 vulnerable families in the South East District and having our youths from Anglican High School to immerse in the community happenings as they went on door-to door distribution to 120 households alongside our team from South East CDC and volunteers from The Sustainability Project.
About 3M Green Challenge @ South East
Riding on our longstanding partnership with 3M Singapore, in its 10th year, 3M Moves @ South East has been rebranded and remains a joint effort between 3M Singapore and SE CDC. We are back to launch a sustainability campaign to encourage Singaporeans to build sustainable habits while doing good for their communities.
The campaign launch at Paya Lebar Quarter Plaza was officiated by Mayor Fahmi and Mr Jannik Termansen, 3M Director and Regional Head of Government Affairs & Markets.
This year, we hope to gather 18,000 members of the public to join us as we take sustainable actions while giving back to the vulnerable families in the South East District.
From simple actions like using recyclable bags when shopping, bringing your own utensils to take part in eco-workshops, every step counts. Together, we can create a more sustainable world for future generations!
How does 3M Green Challenge work?
From 31 August to 31 October 2022, for every sustainable action taken by a participant, 3M Singapore will donate one household or cleaning product to the beneficiaries.
At the end of the campaign, 3M aims to donate a total of more than $102,000 worth of products to 3,000 beneficiaries from vulnerable communities, including low-income households, students with special needs and residents in need!
Members of the public from all walks of life are encouraged to contribute by upcycling, growing their own vegetables, attending eco-related workshops, picking up litter, and more! Simply submit your sustainable action here.
Some examples of actions you can take to be part of the campaign:
1. Reducing plastic waste: Bring your own recyclable bags when shopping, water bottle, utensils, or lunch boxes.
2. Recycling: Recycle plastics, cans, papers, e-waste, etc.
3. Upcycling waste: Turning old clothes into tote bags or old bottles into planters
4. Reduce water or utility bills: Use as much natural light where possible, switch off or unplug electric devices when not in use, set screen free days, take shorter showers, turn off water while brushing teeth, install water saving fixtures.
5. Create a green space: Plant a tree in your own garden, take part in vertical farming or community garden
6. Learn about sustainability: Attend eco-related workshops or seminars to gain knowledge on eco efforts
7. Pick litter and clean the public spaces: Estate cleaning, beach cleaning
8. Choose green commutes: Ride bicycle or use public transportation
9. Choose green products: Use environmentally free or biodegradable products
10. Food sustainability: Donate food before it expires, clean plate