SEEDS of Wellness
In 2022, The Straits Times reported that the number of suicides in Singapore had risen by 25.9%, a total of 476 suicides, increased from the 378 suicides reported in 2021. The report added that the suicide cases spread across most age groups but were more prevalent amongst the youth and elderly.
As mental health issues have become a pressing concern in our community, we will be initiating the SEEDS of Wellness programme to complement the nation-wide efforts in raising awareness and destigmatising mental health issues.
South East Emotional and Empowerment Development Support comprises of three key components:
a. Community Mental Wellness Grant
- Open to community partners to customise mental wellness-related programmes according to their needs.
- Capped at $5,000 per application.
b. Musical and Skit
- Raise awareness and promote deeper understanding on mental wellness issues through characters who are able to overcome adversity, and reduce feelings of loneliness which are often associated with mental health issues.
c. Self-Help Toolkit
- Participants of the musical and skit will be provided with a self-help toolkit which will include stress relieving tools and helplines to reach out to when facing mental health issues.
- The toolkit will also include additional platforms for mental health strategies and stress-coping techniques.
For more information
If you are interested to bring mental health awareness to your community, kindly contact:
Mr Azhar at Azhar_AZMI@pa.gov.sg