Trade Skills Introductory Series
South East CDC set up the Trade Skills Introductory Series under the Employment and Employability Taskforce to raise awareness and create better understanding of tradesman and craftsman jobs.
This programme is aimed at youths aged 13 to 20 studying or living in South East District to provide exposure, spark interest and address any misconception before they select their course of study or embark on their first job. We look to expand to the unemployed, mid-career workers and residents in South East at later stages.
The objectives of Trade Skills Introductory Series are as follows:
- To raise awareness and create better understanding of tradesman and craftsman related jobs;
- To spark and develop interest towards tradesman and craftsman related jobs and;
- To provide hands-on exposure to tradesman and craftsman skills.
Partnering with Employment and Employability Institute (e2i), we will be reaching out to associations, corporation organisations and institutes to raise awareness and promote skills development in craftsman and related trades. South East CDC and e2i will collaborate with these partners to curate programmes for the youths.
Here’s an example of the programme structure:
- Career sharing: Enhance participants’ knowledge about tradesman and craftsman jobs, the future of the industry and the progression of skills and jobs.
- Learning journey: Expose participants to the working environment and various aspects of the job.
- Skills workshop: Engage participants with hands-on experience and showcase their product/ project or learnings at the final session.
Click here to check out their learning journey!
Ways to partner us in the programme:
If you are an association/ corporate partner: Join us to spread awareness and provide opportunities such as talks, learning journeys, hands-on workshops, internships, employment opportunities in the area of tradesman and craftsman
If you are a school/SSA/NPO: Join us to provide the programme for your students/beneficiaries to pick up a useful skillset and explore career options
For more information, please contact Ms Ang Pei Wen at: ANG_Pei_Wen@pa.gov.sg